Monday, May 25, 2009

Americans these days .

In todays society Americans are always either so nosy, so worried, or complaining for no reason. We're practically spoiled in todays world but mostly in America. You know the saying; "You don't know what you have till it's gone"? Yeah, that should apply to all people living in America. I don't feel that people appreciate things as they should anymore; but that's usually targeted to the American population. WHY? because all we do is complain about how we want more of what we don't really need.  We complain when we shouldn't speak and don't speak up loud enough when we need to be heard. We work backwards sometimes. We're also considered the most nosiest people around the world; no wonder why though. Whether it's a car accident on the corner or an arrest for DUI some kind of crowd is around it. We complain and also go crazy for things that aren't really necessary. Such as the "Swine flu" epidemic? The flu was not even that serious doctors say yet the world was practically throwing their children into stretchers if they god forbid coughed. The point of my blog is that people don;t really appreciate what we really have. We should all buy plane tickets for each other and take trips to starving or third world countries. The world needs a wake up call and to realize what they have in front of them and not what they believe  they "need" .

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bree, I have to say that i am sort of torn by what you said. I certainly agree with you that the world is under appreciative of all of the blessings we have but i have to say, without offending anyone I think that’s more of an American thing than a world thing. Children around the world treat for example school much differently than students in America. To be poor in America is not as bad as being poor in a third world country. Also much of the fear about things like the swine flu and others nervousness are spread entirely by propaganda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really happy you wrote about this. Because a lot of people dont appreciate what they have. As a child, I read the book "if you give a mouse a cookie". Basically the moral is, if u give someone something, they want more. Majority of the times it's true. People are always under satisfied. Although, this doesnt only apply to Americans. There are other countries Flourishing with advancements and technology and they still complain about how much better things could be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused about what this post is actually ABOUT.

    Grade: 2/4

    ReplyDelete