Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Poem "Sista To Sista"
Last night I sat up in my room to read The Def Jam Poetry and as I was reading it, there were a couple of poems that stood out to me. I thought all the poems overall were really well written but the one I related to and enjoyed reading, was "Sista to Sista" by Georgia Me. I thought this poem spoke about things that always happen; yet they spoke about it another way in this poem. Georgia Me wrote about what the reason is for girls being half naked when they go out just to get guys attention? She explains that she doesn't know what girls are thinking when they walk out of their house looking like they do. Do they expect to be respected; or do they know what really is on guys minds? I can relate to Georgia Me, because I don't understand it either when girls dress the way they do sometimes. There obvious reason is that it makes them look "sexy" but it gives the opposite message to guys minds. Haven't girls ever heard of the line "More is less"? Sometimes when girls cover up, it's more appreciated by guys, or even people in general. In the poem she says "niggaz can see this by her demeanor he shows her some interest so she's eager, he's not concerned about how to please her". It's the truth and I agree because I believe guys only want you for the wrong reasons when girls are dressed like that and who wants attention when it's not for the right reasons? Honestly, I rather have no eyes on me in a room, then a million eyes staring all for the wrong reasons. Girls nowadays should respect themselves more and watch how they appeal to guys because the next thing you know they're always complaining how guys don't treat them right. Well, maybe it's how they represent themselves ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is a good post, and it made me smile. I, too, find "Sista to Sista" to be a poem I can relate to.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4