Monday, April 27, 2009
Fighting
Over the weekend I watched one of the most talked about movies to come out last week called "Fighting". This movie stars Channing Tatum and shows how a young kid from the street does anything to make a little money and a living. When he gets into a fight in the streets people recognize his hidden talent and end up making a deal with him. During the beginning of the movie he only agreed to fight just to make money for himself; but as the movie goes on viewers realize he has more than love for money but a passion for fighting. He competes in many street battles and not surprisingly wins at most of them. Throughout the movie it was very typical and predictable. I thought the movie could have been more exciting with twists but it was the opposite of exciting. It was dragged out and poorly written. It almost reminded me of remakes from great fighting movies such as The Karate Kid Or Rocky; only no part of this movie was anything close to being as good. Although this movie hit number 1 in the box offices this weekend, I feel it wasn't worth my time. The again, everyone is different so if people are interested in how life is like growing up in the streets and most of all fighting, then they would most likely enjoy this movie. Once was enough to watch this movie and I'm glad it's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This movie sounds really interesting. Situations like this where kids live in the streets and have no place to go, and someone offers them to do something dangerous just to get some money in their pockets. Some people might be lucky and some might not. I feel bad when young kids have to put their lives in danger. This movie reminded me of this movie I once watched. Never Back Down, which is also a fighting movie. except in the movie he took fighting lessons and he could not fight in the streets I hope that I can see this movie once it comes out on dvd..
ReplyDeleteBy your blog this movie sounds really good and I was planning on seeing this movie tonight. But im not sure if anyone else wants to see it . As you said in the beginningg that he makes money for whatever he wants to do, many kids today sometimes do that not only in New York but all over cause they either come from a poor family or have no parents thats why they try. It truly hurts me when younger kids do bad stuff where they can end up dying or even putting themself or even a family member in danger. By your explation I personally think Id like this movie only because I like movies that are sad in a way and how he struggles just to get money, it touches my heart and hurts me alot.
ReplyDelete-muah
This is more of a movie review than a post.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 2/4