Monday, March 2, 2009
Friday The 13th. Hot Or not?
During this weekend, I spent some of my hours going to the movie theater. To be completely honest I hate scary movies but I like the thrill of being scared and having chills up your spine. I went to go see another new version of the slasher thriller Friday The 13th directed by Marcus Nispel. If you seen the others of this movie you probably wouldn't be all that surprised about the plot. The film takes place in a wooded area called Camp Crystal Lake. As always, one person out of their friends always believes in the dreaded events that usually has happened hundreds of years back. As always, no one believes him and makes the mistake of smoking marijuana and having sex on the property of Camp Crystal Lake. This happens in the beginning of the movie with about 5 kids and instead of asking "how the hell do we get out of here", they ask where each of their friends are going, You think you have the story figured out and you wonder how only five kids are going to be in a 120 minute movie when all of them supposedly die. Well, after this happens the next scene shoots to another group of kids who spend their vacation in Crystal lake as well and meet this boy along the way who is looking for his sister. He tells them she's missing since she went camping with her friends and it seems none of the kids are interested except one of the girls. As in all horror movies the plot can be guessed right away when Freddy chases them all down in loss of his mother being beheaded years ago. I won't give away the ending but the whole movie was a complete bore. Personally, I hated the movie and not so much because it had a lot of slaughter and chilling images but because the plot was so predictable as in the rest of the past movies. It was ridiculous and although the movie did do it's part with being a horror, it didn't make it as being a "good" movie. The ending was "forced" and they elaborated more on sexual scenes than actual killings. I wouldn't recommend this movie at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't prefer scary movies either but it's true that most of them are predictable. There's usually the same plot in most horror films; there's a psycho killer out to get a group of people and some make it out alive while others get tormented and die. Notice how the commercials make the movie seem like something far more interesting than what it really is? Yes, it's likely that they persuade us to watch a few scenes that we've watched in previous films. I'm not a fan of horror stories but when you know what to expect as you watch movie, the fear is eliminated. However, the only scary movie that I'd recommend is The Uninvited because the ending was so twisted and shocking that it left me at the edge of my seat.
ReplyDeleteIve always wanted to go see this movie and I never had the time. Either Im busy or tired and I havent gone to the movies in ages. laugh out loud. Well yeah I love scary movies and I do get scared where I wont be able to sleep at night but thats sometimes. When I first saw the movie on comerical I thought it loooked really good. My little sister went to see it before me and thats sad. Well anyways it does kind of sound stupid cause theres more sex scens then killings and thats stupid. Most of horror movies have a similar plot cause the killer does chase alot of people and then the others get killed just like erisa said. Now that you said you wouldnt recomend it I dont want to go watch it maybe ill juss wait until it comes out on dvd because if its thats dumb then why spend money on a bad movie.
ReplyDelete-muahh
Good work reviewing the movie. I don't really enjoy scary movies either - I find them all to be the same.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4